If you're having installation, activation, or license issues, this guide may be of assistance. This guide also covers problems updating Oxygen, Oxygen WooCommerce, or Oxygen Gutenberg plugins or missing features such as Composite Elements or Simplified Client UI.
- For issues using Oxygen’s editor, please see our technical troubleshooting guide.
- For issues occurring after recently migrating an Oxygen site or having changed the URL of the site, please see our migration guide.
Note: If the solutions below do not fix the issue, please contact our Support team for further assistance: https://oxygenbuilder.com/support/.
Installation Issues and Activation Issues
Fatal Error on Activation
Disable and delete all other versions of Oxygen that are active on your site. This can be done from the Plugins page of your WordPress admin panel.
Make sure you are using PHP version 7x or PHP version 8x.
The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini
Contact your web host and ask them to increase the upload_max_filesize setting for you.
Unable to Install a Design Set
If you see an error such as “Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page”, please try deactivating all other plugins and see if you can install a Design Set.
This happens most frequently with sites that use Siteground’s SG Optimizer plugin.
Problems Updating Oxygen, Oxygen Gutenberg, or Oxygen WooCommerce
- Please ensure you’ve added the applicable license key to the Oxygen’s license check fields at Oxygen > Settings > License in /wp-admin.
- For the Oxygen plugin, this should be the “Oxygen” license field.
- For the Oxygen Gutenberg plugin, this should be the “Oxygen Gutenberg Integration” license field.
- For the Oxygen WooCommerce plugin, this should be the “Oxygen WooCommerce Integration” license field.
- If you’ve recently migrated your site to a different server or changed your website address, please refresh your license key.
Refreshing Your Oxygen License Keys
Sometimes, you may find a license issue with Oxygen not updating due to an authorization error, Composite elements not showing, or the Simplified UI not showing. If this is the case, please try the following steps:
- Remove your license key from the applicable license field and click submit while it is empty.
- Re-enter your license key and click submit again.
- Once the key has been saved, click Submit one last time.
- Updates or features should now be enabled.