Oxygen includes 500 icons from FontAwesome and Linearicons.
More icons can be added to Oxygen by importing them from an SVG icon set exported by IcoMoon. Please note that you must include the SVG titles for the icon set to work correctly in Oxygen - see Step 3 below.
Creating a set with IcoMoon
- Visit IcoMoon.io and click IcoMoon App at the top right. You are redirected to the web app.
- Choose the icons to add to your icon set. You can upload your own icons by clicking Import Icons in the top bar.
- Once you have finished, click Generate SVG & More, click Preferences at the top and select "Add <title> to symbol-defs.svg". Close the pop-up window and then click Download. The video here shows how to do this.
Please note that your symbol-defs.svg file must contain at least two icons.
Adding icons to Oxygen
- Go to Oxygen > Settings in the WordPress admin panel.
- Click on the SVG Sets tab.
- Specify a name for the icon set.
- Click Choose file, and then browse to the symbol-defs.svg file found in the .zip file downloaded from IcoMoon.
- Click Submit.
The icons are now ready for use with Oxygen.
Using imported icons in Oxygen
You can use the imported icons in Oxygen just like the built-in ones. Follow these steps:
- Add an Icon to your page by clicking +Add > Basics > Icon.
- Select the set from the Icon Set list.
The icons are now ready to use in your project.