Oxygen includes 500 icons from FontAwesome and Linearicons.
More icons can be added to Oxygen by importing them from an SVG icon set exported by IcoMoon.
Creating a set with IcoMoon
- Visit IcoMoon.io and click IcoMoon App at the top right. You are redirected to the web app.
- Choose the icons to add to your icon set. You can upload your own icons by clicking Import Icons in the top bar.
- Once you have finished, click Generate SVG & More, click Preferences at the top and select "Add <title> to symbol-defs.svg". Close the pop-up window and then click Download. The video here shows how to do this.
Please note that your symbol-defs.svg file must contain at least two icons.
Adding icons to Oxygen
- Go to Oxygen > Settings in the WordPress admin panel.
- Click on the SVG Sets tab.
- Specify a name for the icon set.
- Click Choose file, and then browse to the symbol-defs.svg file found in the .zip file downloaded from IcoMoon.
- Click Submit.
The icons are now ready for use with Oxygen.
Using imported icons in Oxygen
You can use the imported icons in Oxygen just like the built-in ones. Follow these steps:
- Add an Icon to your page by clicking +Add > Basics > Icon.
- Select the set from the Icon Set list.
The icons are now ready to use in your project.