Get Oxygen

Forums

Home Forums Bug Reports Slider bugs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  elijah 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jironasaurus
    Participant

Pretty sure this is a bug, and not intentional. So, I was adding images to the slider when this happened...

1) I have to click on the Slider under the Structure link. Otherwise, adding new slides is not possible, because the Slide option was not available under Basics.

2) I had this problem where I decided to add multiple slides at once instead of clicking on Add Slide, then Add Image, then inputting the URL of the image... then repeating the process. The slider broke, and it became completely invisible on the preview panel. Instead, it was replaced by the typical dotted lines which seemed to cover only 1 paragraph.

3) And no matter what I did, I could not delete the slides that didn't have any image under Structure. The click just couldn't register.

To overcome this problem, I had to save and then close the page, before going back in. When I tried to edit the page again, the slides I added -- which didn't have any images -- were not there any more.

Hope I explained that well enough. Let me know if you guys need more information.

Jironasaurus
    Participant

1 more thing to add, that I forgot previously.

I renamed all the images I was showing in the slider. 2 images were given the same file-names as 2 other previous images. I did this via FTP.

For some reason, Oxygen does not recognise the difference, and continued showing the same image, even though it was under a different file-name now. I then deleted the slider, and remade it. Didn't work. Oxygen recognised the previous image, and didn't change to the new one.

This is not a cache problem within WordPress by the way. I purged the cache, and the problem remained.

elijah
    Keymaster

Hi Jironasaurus,

>> I had this problem where I decided to add multiple slides at once instead of clicking on Add Slide, then Add Image, then inputting the URL of the image... then repeating the process. The slider broke, and it became completely invisible on the preview panel. Instead, it was replaced by the typical dotted lines which seemed to cover only 1 paragraph.

Can you please replicate this on a Sandbox install at https://oxygenbuilder.com/try and document the steps you take to cause the issue? Once that's done, please post the information here (including a link to the site where you've replicated the issue, but not the login link.)

>> For some reason, Oxygen does not recognise the difference, and continued showing the same image, even though it was under a different file-name now. I then deleted the slider, and remade it. Didn't work. Oxygen recognised the previous image, and didn't change to the new one.

Same as above. This really does seem like a caching issue. If it's not, you should be able to replicate it easily on a Sandbox install so that we can see the problem in action.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Bug Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Soflyy is proud to offer you Oxygen, our vision for what visual website design can be. We love it, and we think you will too.
More About Us

Stay up to date with Oxygen

© Soflyy 2019
Designed with Oxygen.
LegalTrademark Policy
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram