Get Oxygen

Forums

Home Forums Feature Requests Add Arbitrary CSS to Elements

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dean Phillips 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bkonia
    Participant

The Custom CSS tab only allows you to edit the CSS for the element's main selector. It would be better if you could also access child selectors.

For example I'm creating a menu using the menu builder. I want to apply some custom CSS to the sub-menu items, but this isn't possible, because when you enter the Custom CSS tab for the menu element, it pre-selects the main menu selector and there's no way to change it. Of course, I can work around this by adding a global selector using Manage->Selectors, but it's not as organized, because then the CSS is no longer bound directly to the element. If I'm applying custom CSS to just one element in one menu, I want to do that in the menu element itself, not in the global selectors list.

In Elementor, you can apply custom CSS to an element by using a special "selector" selector. That selector acts like an alias to the element's main selector. The benefit is that it allows you to access not only the main selector, but any child selectors as well. So, for instance, if I wanted to access my sub-menu items in Elementor, I could do it like this:

selector .sub-menu>.menu-item  {
        border-bottom: 1px solid white;
    }

It would be great if Oxygen implemented something like this. It would be far more flexible and powerful than the current approach which limits the user to accessing just the main selector.

Andy Fuchs
    Participant

+1

Michael
    Participant

Yes, also just had this issue... it's not properly documented and not very smart yet...

Luke Gibson
    Participant

+1

Dean Phillips
    Participant

+1

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Feature Requests’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Soflyy is proud to offer you Oxygen, our vision for what visual website design can be. We love it, and we think you will too.
More About Us

Stay up to date with Oxygen

© Soflyy 2019
Designed with Oxygen.
LegalTrademark Policy
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram